Love of Colour

Love of Colour

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dashing Maxi

Wow its been a while since I have last did a post. SORRY !!!.. So I have been a busy body for the past couple of weeks. But I have been able to take time out for myself and do some of the things I love to do. I had also made time to get to the mall and find some new threads. One thing that has caught my eye thus far for the Spring/Summer seasons is the beautiful textures, silk, or satin flowy maxi skirts... I was able to find a beautiful rose satin high waisted maxi skirt this weekend and best believe it is to DIE for. I shall wear on my next adventure of wine tasting with friends in Malibu or Sonoma..








 Maxi skirts are on the most comfortable threads you can find. they automatically elongate one's frame. Making you look very prissy, girly and fun at the same time. There are so many types of maxi skirts out there.

RECOMMENDATION: Try to stay away from the tight fitted to the feet maxi skirts. or the maxi skirts that allow you to not have a shape. Your maxi skirts should be tight fitted at you waist and flow out.. They should be long enough that you can wear heels and the skirt still covers your shoe. The only skirt that is tight fitted but more of a pencil inspired maxi skirt- is the one I have posted below- this skirt is from Asos.com.. Please wear this when yo are going to an event.. Not to the store or mall. Most flowy maxi skirts look better with a tight fitted top, but you can opt to have a looser fitting blouse, as this will add more elegance and dressy inspired wear...













Maxi skirts should apart of every women's closet. Try to focus on getting colors that stand out, such as below.. printed maxi skirts are fun, but depending on the material and the print, t could be mistaken for a long term wear for seasons and years to come, but really just a trend for that one season you are in. If you buy a lot of these skirts, stick to solid colors...

Til we meet again !!!

Toodles- Fashion Mimi

1 comments:

The Simplee Truth said...

- I def need some maxi skirts in my life !

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...