Love of Colour

Love of Colour

Thursday, October 20, 2011

This chick had impeccable style to me- Solange Knowles

Solange is def coming into her own and making her own icon statement through her fashion game. She is def the best dress chick out of the knowles family. Her inspiration is Diana Ross and you def can tell by her hair and the threads. She is all about color, just as I am so im sure you can see why I love her fashion sense. Patterns are another thing that alot of women are afraid to wear. I assume they dont feel confident enough to know that they can pull off a strong pattern material. African prints are the best when trying to find a print only because they are always enriched with fabulous bright colors. This is probably why missoni made their trade mark in their signature pattern because its like no other. You know that the jig saw patterns only belongs to missoni.. I am soo in love with patterns and colors..






Read it from her own words from an itnerview she just did


On her personal style
I definitely gravitate toward prints and color. I love to play with prints on prints, but I try to have a good instinct about what to match. Like, if I have a Pendleton print, mixing that with a tribal African print will give off National Geographic-gone-bad vibes. So if I wear an ethnic print, I contrast it with a bright top, or maybe stripes.

On her style inspiration
Diana Ross is the quite obvious one. If you look at pictures of her in the ’60s, ’70s, through the ’80s, she embodied everything about that era in such a timeless way. Her hair is a whole other conversation! And seeing photos of my mother from the ’60s and ’70s, she was a total rebel with her style. She had extremely fine hair and washed it with detergent to coarsen it up and had this amazing Afro.

On her favorite colour
Yellow is my absolute favorite color to wear. I also love hot pink. When I match my prints with those colors, I feel it’s a “me” outfit.

On her most recent purchase
I’m not a huge jacket girl because I grew up in Texas where we wear Daisy Dukes on Christmas. Then I lived in L.A. Having just moved here, I am understanding the importance of a real jacket. I bought a black Helmut Lang blazer and three coats from J. Crew. Now I’m moving on to walking shoes.

Check out the blog from Necolebitchie.com


Style is truely AMAZING to me...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...