Summer is back- Ladies get your tracks in line, your high perky ponytails afloat, your high top buns on lock and the gorgeous curled locks laid and ready for the hottest season of the year.
NOTE TO THE HOTTEST TREND OF THE SEASON: One cannot be on lock with the hair, but not be on point with the wardrobe. This season should be your wear less but stay classy attire. This means- wear threads that compliment your frame without having to have your lady parts out for the world to see. This pertains to your everyday outfits as well as your club outfits. I have been taken aback by how women of our generation are dressing. I could have sworn underwear was meant for under your attire, but I have found that women are wearing their underwear as their outfits, for example Bras. Ladies since when was this appropriate or sexy to wear. Yes you get attention but definitely for the wrong reasons from men. Wearing a high waist skirt- or the same ole American Apparel high waist tights with a bra is tacky and unacceptable. You look classless and just a lazy dresser. Yes, you may find celebs that wear this mess, but REMEMBER- about 90% of the time, celebs wear these clothes as costumes. For those of you who are oh so inspired by some of these costumes- you look straight stupid in that outfit as your everyday wear or going to club. CHANGE IT UP AND COME CORRECT.
For summer you can always wear fewer clothes but stay classy and subdued. There are always going to be must have basics and trends that a women should had or restock up on. Try something different and go back to buying basic denim shorts that are not high waist. REMEMBER: High waist anything is a recreation from the 70’s era. So with that said, it is a trend. Yes, even though this trend has been in effect for a couple of years now, you do not want to overdo it. I have seen this big trend of high waist denim cutoff shorts and a bandeau top, or corset top. Don’t get me wrong, the look is very cute and although you can pair that outfit with a light weight silk Kimono cardigan, or a pattern silk cover over. Realize that this is only a trend, it will soon fade and all the money you spent on buying these items will be gone and a waste of money. Here are items you should definitely be interested in for this summer.
• Hippie headbands
Hipster swag- this trend is fun but you can wear for years to come
• Plaid- Yes this pattern will be hot for summer and definitely for my favorite season, which is Fall. Stick to bright plaid in the summer- Plaids which incorporated yellows, greens, blues and reds. Buy items such as heels like the Louboutins or (Inspired louboutin heels) or shirts, and your head wraps (Turbans).
• High top buns
• Manicure nails, DYI nail designs and/or nail stickers- These are very popular right now
• High waist shorts- Remember: Only buy one or two pair, don’t go overboard. You’ll regret it
• Funky cut off screen tees- Sleeve less or mid drifts.
• Sheer maxi skirts- This is a very prissy trend that will last for years, because it is essentially still a maxi skirt.
• Cute floral printed dresses- I approve of these instead of floral or printed denim, because dresses will always be in style not matter what style they are or length
• 1950’s inspired swimwear- love this especially the one piece.
• Hand piece jewelry- I am such a fan
• Tribal patterns/ Aztec patterns
• Nike Air Max- Try these for your new gym wear, or a cute skinny and tank.
• Louboutin inspired studded smoker loafers – Steve Madden, Dolce Vita and Jeffery Campbell have some very cute knock offs
• Sparkled Moccasins- Please wear on a cool day in summer, which in Cali we have often.
• Sheer solid or patterned blouses- These are the best and you can def pair them with short shorts or a denim- Note: Please do not go bra less- NOT CUTE
• American flag inspired screen tees
• Uniquely tailored cut shorts- Example, The designer “Chloe” does such an amazing job at creating these shorts. Very girly and very prissy.
• Thin material tailored slacks- These are found at Zara (On sale), Designer Elizabeth and James makes’ them, as well as a whole slew of designers and clothing stores. Try to stick with bright colors if you can.
• Silk patterned shorts with a camisole silk tank
• Wedges -of course
• Accessories - Arm candy has always been a hit but do not go overboard with it.
• Isabel Marant inspired hidden wedge sneakers- Steve Madden has a great knock off. (Actual Isabel Marant Sneakers seen below)
• Colorful/patterned clutches- try over sized this season
• Lucite heels- Of course these will be the go to shoe for the season and has for Spring- Note, make sure whatever Lucite heel you get, is not a cheap shoe. This would be a disaster to wear them on a hot day.
• Loose fitting maxi dresses
• Wrapped dresses
• Fringe- yes yes yes, please do buy it
• Bright/colorful heels- stay away from white heels; this is the tackiest thing ever.
• Head wear- whether its head jewelry, head bands or my favorite-
• Turbans- June Ambrose is the queen of turbans- adds such a cute, flirty look to you and your outfit.
Here are items that you definitely should stay away from
• Again- Bras to the club with high waist skirts
• Leather pants in summer- Kim Kardashian has done this so much. Talk about recycling
• Thigh high boots with shorts- WTF…
• Shorts with pattern stockings unless for a special themed event/party
• Don’t buy too any patterns denim- This was completely nothing more of a short trend.
• Get away from the over sized earrings and feathers
• Patterned/Design tights with a flowy T shirt- such a lazy trend
• Don’t wear sneakers with leather pants
• Don’t wear mid drifts if your stomach is not tight and toned.
• Kill the heavy makeup- it is too hot to have eighty layers of make up on.
• “Basketball Wives” inspired paparazzi style earrings.
1) This season try something new- Google African designers and pull colors or pattern inspirations from them. African designers are so under rated and so not talked about in the fashion world. They offer so much to the consumer and fashion as a whole.
2) If you are not impressed by cut off short, go ahead and take your old jeans and cute them to your satisfaction
3) If you do not want to buy an envelope clutch or pouch- go buy fabric with whatever design or color and make your own. MOTTO: Why make someone else RICH; when you can do it your self- it is very easy. Basic 101 knowledge of sewing to say the least.
4) If you can find a turban style pattern that you like, again go to garment district and make your own.
5) Even though we are in summer, this is a good tip for fall. As I have stated before, buy your fall items in the Summer time. Best time is in July. BUY NOW WEAR NEXT SEASON ;)
This season is definitely the time to try out new styles, in return this will change up your style . Shop smart, Shop colors, and Shop now.
Fashion Mimi.. or just MyMy